The RwandAir holds the status of being standard airline of Rwanda. The airline provides domestic and international flights to Central Africa, Southern Africa, and East Africa. The central base is present at the Kigali International Airport. The airline fall under 99 percent ownership of Rwanda Government. The mission behind the launch of this particular product was to deliver safer and reliable flying services that can act as a link between outside world and Rwanda. The company strives hard to deliver best level of services to its customers using the modern amenities and aids in a convincing fashion. At RawandAir we maintain the highest level of security and safety standards by improvement and innovation of products and delivery of services.
The airlines has been established
- For providing safer, securer and dependable facility related to air transport on routes that are selected by providing a link between Rwanda and other countries of the world.
- For operating with aircraft and other tools that are introduced for showing compatibility with greatest set international standards
- For making sure that airline is properly integrated and managed inside the industry.
- To serve the customers in an efficient and warm manner staying ahead of the competition
- The aim is also to bring better profits for shareholders.
- The airline also promotes and encourages tourism in the region of Rwanda and facilitates the transport of goods and people across different parts of the world.
The airline has codeshare agreements with the following
- Turkish Airlines
- Ethiopian Airlines
- South African Airways
- Brussels Airlines
RwandAir includes the following types of aircrafts
- Airbus A330-200
- Boeing 737-700
- Boeing 787-8
- Bombardier Dash 8-Q100
- Airbus A330-300
- Boing 737-800
- Bombardier CRJ900 ER
The RwandAir allows passengers in economy class to carry 30 kg and Business class passengers can carry 40 kg. For additional weight customers will have to face extra charges. The baggage which passenger is allowed to carry in his custody inside the cabin is free from charges if it falls under the defined guidelines and polices. Passenger will have to keep the cabin baggage in overhead bin present under the seat present in front of him. The limitations related to weight and size will be checked and verified by the authorities and if there are violations, then excess baggage will be subjected to additional charges.
Below we will mention a list of items that can be carried free of charge
- Blanket, warp or overcoat
- One ladies handbag
- Walking stick or umbrella one in number
- One small camera
- One collapsible baggage trolley
- One Small Laptop
The maximum weight, which is considered as acceptable for passengers, is two pieces of 32 kg each for the business class passengers and two pieces of 23 kg each for passenger of the Economy Class. Maximum limitations related to size and weight specifies single products of the checked in passengers. The policy is very much clear and no one is allowed to violate it in any sense.
For more details and information people can visit the official website of the company, which contains all the relevant info.
How to contact RwandAir?
156 Bram Fischer Drive
Tel. (+27) 11 289 8050 |
email: [email protected]
Mon – Friday: 08:30 – 17:00
O.R. Tambo International Airport
Terminal B, 1st floor
Tel. (+27) 11 390 3223 |
email: [email protected]
Mon – Wed – Fri: 05:30 – 17:00
Tue – Thur: 04:30 – 17:00
Sat: 04:30 – 10:00 | Sun: 05:30 – 10:00
Waterfront Plaza, 270 Ozumba Mbadiwe Street,
Tel: (+234) 07010001530 / 31 / 32
CTO:Mon- Fri 08.30AM-5PM | Sat 09am – 1pm
Closed Last Saturday of Every Month.